Err_Address_Unreachable Error is an error that many Chrome users get while trying to visit some websites. If you want to open an important website and get this error then it can be very frustrating for you.
The error can be caused by an issue on your end or the website server’s end. If the issue lies on your end then it will an easy process to fix the error.
In Chrome for Windows, it is common to get the err_address_unreachable. Most of the time, the reason for this error is Domain Name System (DNS). It prevents the site from loading from the server.
Although this error is common there can be a number of reasons for this. If Chrome is showing err_address_unreachable error then the reason can be the router, Chrome’s DNS settings, proxy settings, and more.
If the error is due to an issue on the website’s end then it will be fixed without any delay. All you need is to wait until the issue gets fixed.
But how can you know that the issue on your end or the website’s end? So it’s better to try some possible solutions that may fix the error.
The error can show even if you have stable internet connectivity. If the issue is minor then a simple reboot will fix the error.
Below are some of the best ways to fix the err_address_unreachable error.
Best Ways To Fix ERR_ADDRESS_UNREACHABLE Error in Chrome
Here is the list of some troubleshooting steps to fix Chrome’s error. Let get further and know about it in detail.
1. Clear Browsing History
The easiest and fastest way to fix the err_address_unreachable error is to clear the browsing history of Google Chrome. If your browsing data is corrupted then you may face this error in Chrome.
To clear the browsing data in Chrome, follow the below-listed steps.
- Open Chrome browser.
- Click on three-dots on the top right of the browser.
- Click on the “Settings” in the options menu.
- On the Settings page, go to the Privacy and security section
- Click on Clear browsing data.
- A pop-up will show. Now click on the “Advanced”. tab
- Change the Time range to “All time” and make sure all items are checked.
- Click on “Clear Data” and wait for it to be cleared.
If you have not cleared the browsing data for a long time then the waiting time for clearing the data will be more.
2. Restart Your Router/Modem
If there is an issue with Wifi then restarting the router or modem can fix the error for you. By restarting the router, you can easily fix the Wifi connectivity issue which will fix the err_address_unreachable error in Chrome.
Just follow the below-listed steps to restart the router.
- Turn off the power of the router/modem.
- Let the router unplugged or idle for 3-5 minutes.
- Turn on the router by reconnect the cable to the wall.
- Connect your computer to the Wifi.
- Try visiting the website and check if the error shows in Chrome or not.
If the issue will be due to internet connectivity then you will see no error in Chrome.
3. Reset TCP/IP
If none of the above two solutions works for you then can try resetting TCP/IP. TCP stands for Transmission Control Protcol and IP for Internet Protocol. Both of these network protocols are responsible for communication between two different computer networks on the web.
If there is any problem with TCP/IP then you can fix it by resetting it. To reset it, at first Press the Win key on our keyboard or click on Start Menu and then type “cmd“. In the results, right-click on Command Prompt in the result and choose the option “Run as administrator”
Command Prompt will get opened. Run the below-listed command in this order one by one. After typing each command, press Enter.
netsh int ip set dns
netsh winsock reset
4. Clear Chrome’s DNS Cache
If you are still seeing the err_address_unreachable error then proceed with clearing Chrome’s DNS Cache. Google Chrome automatically stores the DNS information of every website you visit. But sometimes, the outdated DNS information can cause err_address_unreachable error. Deleting Chrome’s DNS cache will fix this issue.
- Open Chrome browser.
- Just copy-paste the address chrome://net-internals/#dns in the URL bar in the “New Tab Page” and hit “Enter”.
- On the page that opens, click on Clear Host Cache.
- Relaunch the browser and check if the website is opening or not.
Clearing the DNS information of makes the browser to freshly resolve all websites. It fixes the issue.
5. Switch To Public DNS
The Public DNS servers are always better than ISP’s default DNS. With Public DNS, you will always get a fast, stable and secure domain name resolution service. You can manually change the DNS settings in Windows OS.
To change the DNS settings to Public DNS, proceed with it.
- Click on “Start Menu” and Search ‘ncpa.cpl.
- Look for the Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4).”
- Select it and click on “Properties”.
- Now manually enter the following DNS server. Preferred DNS server as 126.96.36.199 & Alternate DNS server as 188.8.131.52
- Click on “OK” and try to open the websites in Chrome.
Conclusion: ERR_ADDRESS_UNREACHABLE Chrome
All of the above-mentioned methods will help you to fix the err_address_unreachable error in Google Chrome. If still a particular website is not opening and showing error then there are high chances that the problem on the website’s servers end. In this case, only the website owner can fix the issue.
If the problem is on your end then use this guide to fix the error.