In this article, you will learn about how to fix the site can’t be reached error due to server IP address could not be found. It applies to the Google Chrome browser.
So you are ready to research a topic on the internet. You open the web browser but it leads you to see the error Site can’t be reached, Server IP address could not be found. The web page is not loading. It can be frustrating for many of us while we are about to do an important task on the web.
There can be different reasons for this error. After so many efforts, I have been able to fix this error with ease. So now in this article, you will get to know about all the possible solutions which can fix this error Server IP address that could not be found.
There is no specific reason for this issue. It can be due to hardware or network issue. So it is best to take all possible solutions into consideration while fixing this error.
Also, if the problem is on the website’s server then you may see this error. In case, if the site is opening on all device other devices except yours then there is surely an issue.
Below we have listed each issue with its solution. You can follow these steps to fix the error on your end. So let’s go ahead and know more about it.
Step 1: Check Your Internet Connection
What happens if your network is down? Surely, you will not be able to access any website on the internet. You can use different browsers like Mozilla Firefox or Microsoft Edge to make sure that your internet connection is working or not.
Along with it, you can use the ping command on your Windows computer or Mac. You can use it in cmd in Windows and Terminal in Mac.
To do this, just proceed with the below steps.
- Open Command Prompt by searching in the Start menu and hit Enter.
- After Command Prompt windows open, run the command “ping google.com” and check for the results.
If the results come with some statistics including data then your internet connection is working fine then. If results show some error then you need to fix network issues and follow step 2.
Step 2: Fix Network Issues
There can be some network issues that result in Server IP Address not found an error. Network issues can be due to poor configuration of network drivers or network settings.
Windows Network Diagnostics
To diagnose and fix the network issue, you need to run the troubleshooter that comes in Windows. To proceed with the network troubleshooting, follow the steps listed below.
- In the notification area of the taskbar, right-click on the ethernet or wifi symbol and click on Troubleshoot problems.
- You need to select the network adapter, you want to diagnose. Select between the one which you are using. For example, if you are using a Wi-Fi connection, click on Wi-fi.
- Proceed further by clicking on “Next”.
Now the network troubleshooter will apply the best network settings for your network. In some cases, you may also need to make some changes to your network.
Update Network Drivers
In many cases, outdated or incompatible network drivers can also be the reason for this. The network drivers may be not supporting the network adapter of your computer.
To fix this, you need to reinstall or update the driver for the network adapter. It can be done by following the below steps.
1. Run the command “devmgmt.msc” and Device Manager will be opened. Also in Windows 10, you can right-click on the “Start Button” and open the Device Manager by clicking on “Device Manager”.
2. Now right-click on the Network adapters and click the Update driver command.
It will start the driver update process by analyzing the network driver changes. You can also install the manufacturer’s drivers directly from their website.
Step 3. Check For Proxy Settings
Improper configuration of the Proxy setting can also result in network errors. The proxy should automatically detect settings. In the Chrome browser, you can check this setting by:
1. Click on three vertical dots right below the close windows button.
2. Click on the Settings menu.
3. You need to scroll down until you see the Advanced, Click on it.
4. Scroll down to, Open your computer’s proxy settings.
5. Click on it and a Proxy Settings window will open in the operating system.
6. Now toggle ON the “Automatically detect settings” option.
Now you can browse the web with the best proxy setup and your internet will work flawlessly.
4. Change IP and DNS Settings
IP and DNS both are necessary to connect to the internet. You need to configure it properly. A misconfiguration on any part of it will lead to seeing the error on your browser. The IP address of your internet connection is assigned automatically by the DHCP protocol. So make sure, you have enabled DHCP in the internet configuration.
Many times, we misconfigured the IP and DNS without any knowledge. Also, some programs in the system can also misconfigure the internet connection configuration.
We need to make sure that both IP and DNS are perfectly configured for the best internet experience.
1. In the notification area (taskbar) right-click on the network icon and click on the “Open Network & Internet Settings.
2. In the Status menu, under Advanced network settings click on Change adapter options.
3. A window will open in the control panel. Now you will see the network adapter from which you are connected to the internet. Right-click on it.
4. Click on Properties in the sub-menu.
5. In the Properties tab, you need to click on Internet protocol version 4 (TCP/IPv4) and click on Properties.
6. Now in another properties tab make sure you have selected Obtain an IP automatically and Obtain DNS server address automatically.
7. Click on “OK” and changes will be saved.
Step 5: Reset IPv4 Settings and Flush DNS Cache
By resetting IPv4 settings and flushing the DNS resolver cache, you can completely fix the error of the Server IP address could not be found.
Reset IPv4 Settings
If all of your efforts are not resolving the issue then you can simply reset all IPv4 settings. All you need is to open cmd and apply the command “netsh”.
1. First open the CMD prompt as administrator. Type netsh winsock reset and hit .
2. Now you need to restart your PC.
3. Open CMD once again and type netsh int ipv4 reset reset.log and press
4. Restart your PC.
Now your system will be reset to its default IP configuration. After it, the system will a default configuration.
Flush DNS Cache
You should also flush the Domain Name Server cache. DNS Cache is temporary storage that includes information about previous DNS lookups in the operating system or web browser.
1. Open the Command Prompt as admin. Type ipconfig /flushdns
2. You will see a message ouput “Successfully flushed the DNS Resolver Cache”.
Now you need to check if the error of The site can’t be reached; Server IP address could not be found is resolved. To do this, open Google Chrome and open any website.